Sunday 20 May 2012

i


i

When I was growing up fashion magazines such as Vogue and Harper's Bazaar were my fast track ticket to world of fantasy, the places I would like to visit and an escape from everyday life. Music, books, people around me and the work of other artists and photographers inspire my photographic work. I compose my images very carefully in order to share stories from my own experience.

My photography is colourful and every story I create is a dream-like representation of real life. I use medium format film camera in the knowledge that I have only 12 frames per roll of film. This has helped me understand the importance of the quality and composition.

This current project is inspired by the editorial work of great fashion photographers such David Bailey and Richard Avedon combined with conceptual photographers Thomas Ruff and Jeff Wall.

‘i ‘ is a story based round the idea of identity - finding yourself, growing up and pursuing your dreams. It is a series of 5 photos in which the clothing changes to illustrate the stages of growing up, from teenager to an adult. I collaborated with a great fashion designer to create the clothing appropriate to each image, in some ways the project is theatre and at the same time a fashion image. The pink balloon is like a childhood memory, which we all carry inside us throughout the life.

I believe that fashion photography allows us to look at world differently, and can inspire changes in our life. My work shares a personal story but also one that may be familiar to others.


Photography: Karolina Hubner
Styling: Romy @weareplaque (all clothing by PLAQUE)
Make- up: Amy B.
Photography assistance: Andrea Keeley, Maciek Wojciechowski
Model: Abbie Gregg

(This body of work can be seen at the exhibition @ University of Bolton. It is a part of my final year project at university.)



















that's the wrap!




2 comments: